Friday, July 22, 2011

My Favorite Baby Bird Picture and A Winner!

I am obsessed with the baby birds in my birdhouse.  Every night when I go out to water, the mother is frantically flying back and forth with food.  I took this one last night.  I'm thinking that the baby is almost ready to spread her wings, as I think she's bigger than Mom! 

When we moved into this house two years ago, my family teased me for putting up so many birdhouses.  Well, this neighborhood obviously needed some birdhouse real estate as most of my houses have families!  A neighbor even came by last night and said that they've noticed a marked increase in the number of birds in the neighborhood since we moved in.  That makes me so happy!!




Thank you to everyone who entered my Rustic Box Giveaway.  I appreciate all of you coming by and leaving sweet comments and for following me here and on Facebook.  Using True Number Generator, at Random.org, the winner is:  Lori @ Thrifty Decor Mom  (sorry, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to show the results.) 


Have a great weekend!

Pam


9 comments:

  1. CONGRATS to the winner! Have a great weekend Pam! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that baby bird photo!

    This reminds me of my father. My dad is a bird lover and he has put up so many birdhouses too. The other day I saw three tiny little bird beaks peeking out from one of the houses. I should try to take a picture but I'm afraid of getting too close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be so obsessed too. I have always been amazed at how smart birds are. Especially being able to build a nest with their beaks. I wouldn't even be able to do as good of a job with my two hands! LOL!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice that you have baby birds -- but you've done a great job encouraging them to be there. I'd be obsessed with them, too. Thought of you Pam when we bought our mailbox post a few weeks ago! (I may get another one and finally put the bird house out). Congrats to your giveaway winner, too. Thanks for stopping by, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Lori...what a darling box!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to the winner...

    for home improvement just come here http://www.richjanitorreviewed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby bird photo is so cute!
    Lucyna(Poland)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.