Monday, January 30, 2012

An Adorable Town and a Winner!

Last week my husband's step-mother passed away.  We quickly flew to Illinois to be with his family.  On the first day, we had a little extra time before everyone got off work, so we spent some time in the cutest little town, Geneva.  I learned about this place from Jennifer Rizzo's blog.  (whom I might add is one of the nicest bloggers out there!) :)   Even though my husband isn't totally thrilled with shopping in cute stores, he was a trooper. 

 I loved this bike in the middle of a planter!
 

 I didn't get a great picture of this statue, but it's right at the end of the main street and is so cute!

 The businesses all look like this.

 This was such a neat wine store!




This was my favorite place!  I love the magnets on the door announcing that they are open.
 



The store was FULL of great things!  And they had a couch for my husband to sit on.  :)





 I love this ottoman!
 



 And this canvas print.




 Because we were traveling and had very limited space, I only bought this little bird, but am so thrilled with it!
 
If you're ever in Illinois in the west suburbs of Chicago, you need to check out Geneva!  
Thank you to all who entered my giveaway. 

The winner is:  Joy2Journey 



Thanks for your visit and comments!
Pam







7 comments:

  1. I'm glad there was a bright spot in a sad journey. That looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a neat town to do a little sight-seeing! Your husband is a trooper to tag along. My sympathies to you and your family for the loss of your mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I like that ottoman too!

    So sorry for the loss for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely town and that bird is adorable though I'm very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear about your husband's step-mother, but glad you had time to discover that cute town. Love your little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. It surely is helpful for DIY-ers out there who are looking to create their own cute town house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your loss....

    love the bike, might do that here someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.