Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Built In Wine Rack



My husband's friend is building a new house by himself and wanted a wine rack.  My husband built it last week.  They had the perfect place for it...


He started with sheets of birch plywood. 


He cut and polyurethaned the shelves.   Here they are hanging to dry.






 Lots and lots of gluing and clamping.



The face frames were made out of solid birch.  Lots more gluing and clamping.


It needed an area in the back to be less deep to accommodate some pipes and cords.  The bottom few shelves easily hold one bottle of wine.  The higher shelves hold two. 


A perfect fit!
 



Thanks for your visit!
Pam

I am linking to the following parties:

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 

13 comments:

  1. How cool. So amazed at those that can create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    The wine rack looks fantastic! Your husband is so talented.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great idea! perfect way to use that extra space!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband did a great job!

    Have you started your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my young and cute, handy dandy handyman make me two like this for above my frig. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great use of space. Your husband is so talented, and he has a lot of clamps! Tell him we all think he did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is amazing! Such a great use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool! and resourceful. I'm looking for a new way to store wine. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your site! I will be visiting often :) The birdhouse is something that I want to make this spring!!!

    Come by and visit me some time
    bj
    joy2journey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fantastically your husband utilise the side space with the wine rack. And it looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice post. Even your blog is filled with lot of information about random useful things. Great work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.