Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hooking a Friend Up

Last summer we took at trip to the Palm Springs area to visit friends.  My friend and I were shopping at Pottery Barn and found these numbered hooks on sale.  I was thrilled that the numbers 1-4 were available.  I wasn't sure where I'd use them, but loved how crisp the numbers were and how sturdy the hooks were.




 They stayed on a shelf until right before Christmas.  I decided that the perfect place for them would be in my friend's house.

My husband cut a board and routed the edges.
 







 We painted it white and measured very carefully to space the hooks across the board.

Holes were drilled on the ends to attach it to the wall.








 And off it went with anchors to attach it to the wall and plugs to fill the holes.  She hung it today and says she loves it! 
 


I'm sure she'll play around with what to hang on it.  I think it looks great!
Thanks for your visit.

Pam

I am linking up to the following parties:

 


 





15 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    Oh wow! You are so clever. I love how you used the numbered hooks. I bet your friend was so happy to receive your beautiful gift.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your projects are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful present to give a friend. IOt looks so perfect!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift for your friend. I'm sure she's loving it, and it's even more special because it was made by you and your husband. He does really nice work, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project Pam...so very clever and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, Pam, and your friend is one lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Pam. I love those numbered hooks. I like the shape of the rack too. Nice lines. Have a good week and thanks for the inspiration.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! I love your numbered hooks and what you created with them...such a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome project...looks outstanding...love finding sale goodies at PB!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely "hooked up" your friend with a great gift! I love the numbered hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those hooks are so cute. What a great finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.