Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Old and Beat Up Makes for my Favorite Birdhouse

I collect birdhouses.  I am obsessed with love birdhouses.  My favorite birdhouse of all is the most beat up, rickety thing I own.  I found this years ago from Natalie at Sparrow.  (LOVE her stuff!!)  She is one of the regulars at the BarnHouse Boys' sales.

 

 


For awhile I had it outside, but with our extreme weather conditions, it was getting to the point of having enough character.  :)  
 






I cleaned it and cleaned it and brought it inside. 
  I love the perches and the worn wood on the sides and top!
 














 I needed to put it some place where it wouldn't get bumped, since the wood is so fragile now.  I don't think our old, fatty cat can get up there!



Thanks for coming by!  I appreciate your visits and comments!
Pam


I am linking to the following parties:


vif187

9 comments:

  1. I dedicated my upstairs hallway to my love of birds, so I completely get why you love birdhouses! Your yard looks so nice with all of your flowers blooming. I bet you can't wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bird houses! And birds.
    I have them all over my home. I'll share them sometime. For me, the older, the more weathered, the better! I totally get it ;)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for loving it, it is a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...love the old beat up wood! Always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, so glad you found such a great place for displaying it and keeping it safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam--Thanks for bouncing by my place! :)

    I really love your birdhouse! Do you think that using a deck sealer like Thompsons would help the fragile state of the wood?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam,

    I adore your birdhouse. It's so different from the ones I've seen around here. Your cabinet display is wonderful. So many cute looking birds and such.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    Happy 2012 and thank you for stopping by. Love the old wood on the bird house.
    Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
    Claudia
    PS Still listening to music

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that birdhouse Pam and you found the perfect spot for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.