Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Inspiring Mud Rooms


Last year, we helped a friend redo her mud room.  I shouldn't really say 'redo'.  It was more of an empty shell made into a beautiful, functional space for her family.

 
The best thing about the finished room is that she loves it, her family loves it, and it is a perfect place to hang coats and leave wet shoes.

 
 


Here was the 'before'.  Very, very rough...
 
 
We added a pantry on one side.  Later we added bi-fold doors here.
 

From a very rough cement slab to great looking tile on the floor.
 
 
A year later and it still looks beautiful. 



Recently I found several other mudrooms that I loved on the Hometalk website.  There is a ton of inspiration on there and a great group of people supporting each other.  I  learned how to create a 'clipboard' on the site and love how I can go back and access all of the posts that I find inspiring. 
 
 
 
 I'd love for you to check out my Hometalk Clipboard here:



 
As you'll see on my clipboard, I am quite partial to board and batten or beadboard on the walls, and crisp, white paint.  :)
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow it turned out fantastic. I love our mudroom space too, but it seems to get cluttered up easily with all the coat hooks. Not so picture perfect all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.